Used for treatment of large bodies of water, including ponds, lagoons, lakes, streams, and rivers. When our XLR-8R Reactor is used with our Electro-Coagulation and ElectroOxidation/Disinfection reactor, the submerged unit can mix and disperse the active flocculate and/or mixed oxidants generated within the water as it flows through the reactor into a volume of water that is twenty times the influent flow. The water is thoroughly mixed and dispersed in an oxygen rich laminar flow that blankets the bottom sediments to prevent anaerobic conditions to:
- Prevent stagnancy and septic conditions throughout body of water.
- Prevent algae growth, anaerobic conditions and replenishes dissolved oxygen beneath the surface.
- Remove phosphorus, ammonia and Hydrogen Sulfide.
- Kill algae and bacteria
- Stabilize water temperatures to minimize water loss by evaporation
- Phosphates / Total Phosphates
- Biological Oxygen Demand (BOD)
- Chemical Oxygen Demand (COD)
- Total Organic Carbon (TOC)
- Fats, Oils & Grease / Soluble Hydrocarbons (BTEX/TPH)
- Bacteria, Viruses, Cysts
- Sulfides / H2S
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
What Is Replaced or Minimized?
- Chemical / Bacterial Treatment
- Propeller-Driven “Aerators”
- Direct Application Pumps
- Bubble Diffusers, Fountains, and Ponds
- Chlorine Dioxide Generators
Benefits of Our System vs. the Competition
Electrocoagulation is the treatment method of choice because of the many benefits and advantages over typical chemical systems, including:
- Operating Cost is Reduced: A small power requirement generates a large water flow, twenty (20) times the volume supplied by pump.
- Maintenance Cost is Minimal: Wear and tear is minimal and replacement parts are available.
- Payback is in a short period of time: In a matter of just a few months.
- Green Technology: Eliminates chemicals and other artificial media. Everything in the XLR-8R System is derived from and returned to nature without any harm.
- Eco-system is balanced throughout the entire body of water.
- Great for aquatic life, No Moving Parts!
- Ability to turn an entire body of water from ANAEROBIC to AEROBIC.
- Integrates Electro – Oxidation for Destruction of Bacteria / H2S / BTEX
- NO CLEANING….Cleaning chores are virtually eliminated
- Power Supply is above the surface of the water….easy to access!
Can not address STAGNATION
Effective only where locally applied in the body of water.
Aerobic bacteria is water-depth sensitive. Does not survive well in anaerobic bottom strata. A significant amount of bacteria is wasted.
Constant treatment is needed. (EXPENSIVE)
Could potentially imbalance the eco-system.
This method does not address STAGNATION.
Agitates water and stirs up sediment causing damage to eco-system.
Effectiveness is limited to local area where it is applied, no circulation!
Very expensive to maintain.
Can be hazardous to aquatic life.
Large, energy sucking pumps are required to “move” limited amounts of water yielding higher operating cost.
Move some of the water, BUT without mixing of the total volume.
No continuous flow / No de-stratification / No elimination of the thermocline.
ONLY contact surface water….the real problem lies in the lower depths,